Please review the Trail Rules and Regulations for the upcoming Event. Fun on the Farm Being held at Frontanc Farms.
Wisconsin 4 Wheel Drive Association
April 14, 2018 Spring Meeting Notes
Best Western-Park Oasis, Mauston, WI
Meeting called to order at 8:46am at Best Western-Park Oasis, Mauston, WI
Reading of the Mission Statement – Sam Vandenberg
Roll Call – 24 people attending
Officers/Board Members Present :
President – Sam Vandenberg; Region A Vice President – Arnie Miller; Region A Vice President – Bev Miller; Region B Vice President – Orlin Clark; Region C Vice President – Helen Wagner; Region C Asst. Vice President – Gil Wagner; Secretary – Jan Kasper; State Director – Luana Schneider
Borderline 4×4 Trailseekers – 4 Lakes 4-Wheelers Inc – River City 4-Wheelers – Weekend 4-Wheelers – 4×4 Forever Ltd – Trailgators 4-Wheelers Inc. – Twin City Bushwackers
- Secretary’s Report – accepted as printed
- Treasurer’s Report – accepted as printed
- Guests – David Bub
- Pipeline – Some have heard that there is a group planning a clean-up.
- Web Page – PayPal has been set-up for Frontenac Farms Registration.
- C.O.R.P. – Nothing new, waiting for the ROA to finalize.
- T.C. – see State Director Notes – Next Meeting 4/26, see website for details
- United Four Wheel Drive Assn – See State Director Notes – Looking for articles
- Registration/Sticker/Decal Program – Discussed with RL4WD Presentation
- Motorized Recreation Area – See State Director Notes
- Trail Specifications – Discussed with RL4WD Presentation
- MW4WDA – Insurance costs dropped because there are 10 clubs
- WOHVA – GNTR will be August 3 to August 5 at Apple Valley Farms.
- Membership – nothing new, send prospective club info to Helen.
- Rally – new event this year at Frontenac Farms weekend of June 16th
- ROA – Cameron Bump discussed ROA developments so far
- RL4WD (Road Legal 4-Wheel Drive Coalition) –
Regional Vice Presidents Reports:
- Arnie Miller – On 3/17 Borderline 4X4 Trailseekers served lunch at the Veterans Home in Hastings, MN. There was also a Veterans Run held in October and all proceeds went to the Veterans Home.
- Orlin Clark – nothing new
- Helen Wagner – Not W4WDA, but in the region, Titletown Jeepers held their annual Toys for Tots ride. 4×4 Forever had a booth the N.E. Wisconsin Motorama in Green Bay, good turn out, lots of discussion with attendees. 4×4 Forever will have a Meet & Greet in Neenah, WI on Saturday May 19th. 4×4 Forever is currently selling calendar raffle tickets and is planning a trip to the Rubicon Trail in August (anyone interested, see any 4×4 Forever member.
- Vehicle Modification Bill – SEMA bill – Nothing new
- How to attract people that use social media – W4WDA will continue to post on FB and other social media to stay visible. It was noted that internet clubs are not recognized by the state unless incorporated.
- Huston MN off road park – hard to get any information, still going but resolving issues.
- Event at Frontenac Farms – weekend of June 16-17 – Flyer and registration information is on the W4WDA website and facebook page.
- Fall 2018 Meeting – October 19-21, 2018 at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center in Baraboo. Rooms $79 per night. Call for reservation 800-648-4765
- Winter Meeting 2019 – January 12, 2019 at Hidden Waters, Waupaca, WI
- W4WDA t-shirts – now available – send order with payment to Mary Hoernke
- Spring 2019 Convention – Needs Host Club and Location
- Review Assistant VP Position – some discussion – will review in Fall
- 4 Lakes 4-Wheelers, Inc. will have another off-road clinic on May 12th. No cost to attend. See Luana for more details, location. Etc.
- President – Helen Wagner nominated (accepted)
- Region B VP – Jan Smith nominated (Orlin to check with Jan for acceptance)
Region A Asst VP – Bev Miller nominated (accepted)
- Region C Asst VP – Gil Wagner nominated (accepted)
- Secretary – Jan Kasper nominated (accepted)
- Treasurer – Mary Hoernke nominated (accepted)
Spring Convention/Annual Meeting
April 13-15, 2018
Hosted by W4WDA (Held in conjunction with WOHVA)
This years convention will be held at the Best Western Park Oasis Inn.
1006 State Rd. 82 East
Mauston, WI 53948
Rooms are $89.99+tax per night, Reference Off Road Group for the block.
Room block will be held until March 30, 2018.
Weekend Agenda (subject to change)
6:00 – ? Hospitality
8:30 – 9:00 W4WDA Board meeting
9:00 – 11:00 W4WDA General meeting
1:15 – 2:15 ROA update with Cameron Bump
2:30 – 3:30 RL4WD presentation
3:45 – 5:00 WOHVA Membership meeting
6:00 – ? Dinner (Buffet with chicken and pork, salad, potatoes and veggies. Please RSVP below)with entertainment to follow
8:30 – 9:00 MW4WDA Board meeting
9:00 – 11:00 MW4WDA Membership meeting
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Dinner Registration Number Attending Total $
Adults (ages 13 and up) $19.00 each adults:______ _________
Child (ages 5 – 12) $9.00 each child :______ _________
4 and Under – Free under 4:______ _________
Please return this portion with payment to Mary Hoernke by April 2, 2018.
203 Gruenwald Ave
Neenah, WI 54956-2040
FUN ON THE FARM…
JOIN WISCONSIN 4-WHEEL DRIVE ASSOCIATION FOR SOME FUN ON THE FARM…
WHEN: JUNE 15-17th, 2018 (Registration open 4:00pm Friday June 15th, Trail rides/Wheeling Saturday June 16th, park open for registered participants on Sunday the 17th)
WHERE: FRONTINAC FARMS, RED WING MN https://www.facebook.com/frontenacoffroad
REGISTER at on our Store Page.
$50.00 per Vehicle, $5.00 per passenger, $25.00 Camping for the weekend, Tents free
You’ll want to HURRY… Event limited to only 100 4×4 vehicles (NO ATV/UTVs allowed)
The last hearings on the ROA regions throughout the state are now over and the info is being compiled. I have to say I am very impressed with those who attended the various hearings throughout the state! You definitely made a difference in educating those at these meetings about four wheel driving and the need for trails and a park in Wisconsin! Also, on the reverse many of us also got educated on the DNR’s thoughts and suggestions!!
For those who have not as of yet submitted input on the last two regions please do soon!! The info must be submitted by January 2!! There is a quick survey that you can do and please as before send on to friends and whomever may be interested and that includes those out of state! Also, you can make copies of the questionnaire hard copy and you can take to your club meeting and hand them out for them to fill out and even send them all in one envelope! Below you will find the link to access the site.
Also, it is time to for you to recap your thoughts regarding access around the whole state and a park to Cameron Bump whose e-mail you will also find in the link below.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
Wisconsin 4 Wheel Drive Association
Fall Meeting Notes – October 14, 2017
- Meeting called to order at 8:50 am at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
Reading of Mission Statement – Sam Vandenberg
- Roll Call – 13 People present
Officers/Board Members present: President – Sam Vandenberg, Secretary – Jan Kasper, Treasurer – Mary Hoernke, Region A VP – Arnie Miller, Region B VP – Orlin Clark, Region C VP – Helen Wagner
Clubs present: Borderline 4×4 Trailseekers, Lone Riders 4×4, 4 Lakes 4-Wheelers, River City 4-Wheelers, Weekend 4-Wheelers, 4×4 Forever, Green Bay High Riders
III. Secretary’s Report – accepted as printed.
Treasurer’s Report – accepted as printed.
- A motion was made to increase the donation to the hosting club to $150. This was approved and the SOP will be updated.
- A motion was made to join Tread Lightly at a cost of $100. It was approved and the logo should be added to the banner.
- It was agreed to spend up to $250 to update the banner.
Guests – None
- Pipeline – No updates, some clubs are cleaning it, being used by web clubs
- Website – it was noted that the W4WDA banner does not list the website on it. It was decided that the email address W4WDA1977@gmail.com will be added as well as the “f” symbol for facebook. The Lake States Resource Alliance will be removed.
- S.C.O.R.P. – See Directors report
- S.T.C. – See Directors report
- United Four Wheel Drive Association – See Directors report
- Registration/Sticker/Decal Program – See Directors report
- Motorized Recreation Area – See Directors report
Additional discussion: Harry brought up that there was land near Tigerton. It was discussed that W4WDA should start a group of people to search for land. Alex Bubb suggested that they contact the WI Real Estate Group as they may know what is available.
Master Trail Builders Certification – Bridge Brown can set up training and she can work on grants. Alex suggests that W4WDA have someone get certified. Brian Much on STC can help with class info.
Rich Wise suggested that we start a committee to search for land. Sam thinks this should be done by region. Should we give info from private people to DNR or take care of it ourselves. Region VPs should do the research and report to Sam and DNR.
It was suggested that we invite a DNR person to go on trail rides so that they can better understand our needs.
Trail Specifications – See Directors report
MW4WDA – Butch Chapin mentioned that there is less than $2,300 in the bank, the insurance premium is more than the clubs are paying. 3 clubs have land owners listed, cost is $103 per club. He asked the insurance agent to contact these clubs to ask them to pay up. It was noted that clubs need to pay based on full membership and are due by end of April.
WOHVA – Sam attends the WOHVA board of directors meetings to represent W4WDA. WOHVA will continue to join W4WDA for the convention.
Membership – Bev gave two new member names to Helen to send info to them. It was noted that the information to incorporate is on line.
Rally – Group agreed that we need an event of some kind. Jim from Frontenac Farms said that W4WDA could host an event at their location the weekend of June 16, 2018. The cost would be $40 per truck, $5 per passenger and camping is $25 per unit with power. Tent camping is free. There is a 15 vehicle minimum. W4WDA would be responsible for the cost if they do not get to the 15 minimum. It was agreed that we would move forward with scheduling this event. We can arrive Friday at 4 and have the park until Sunday noon. W4WDA could charge a little more than the requested fee with the extra going back to W4WDA to cover expense. There would be no trail guides and we could have a bonfire. Joel will help with the trail ride, we should come up with a charity for the event.
ROA – See Directors report – We need to remind people to attend these meetings.
VII. Region Vice Presidents Reports:
Arnie Miller – his club went to a veterans home and hosted a picnic this summer. It was very well received. It cost the club $350.
Orlin Clark – nothing new. He has been busy and would like to see someone else take over but he will try to get more involved. They have fewer clubs involved now.
Helen Wagner – She plans to attend the ROA meetings. 4×4 Forever hosted a meet and greet and donated proceeds to Rawhide.
VIII. Old Business
- Vehicle Modification Bill – SEMA Bill – Nothing new
- How to attract people that use social media
- Huston Off Road Park – Orlin said MN4WDA had a booth at the MN State Fair. The Huston park should be open late 2018 or early 2019, it is about 700 acres. It is progressing but slow. There may be another private park coming to the Huston area.
- Invite WOHVA to all future meetings
- Any ideas on a location that we could host a rally or 4-Wheel to Heal Event
- Spring 2018 Meeting – Will be held the weekend of April 14, 2018 details to be determined. It was agreed that W4WDA will host the 2018 Spring Convention.
- Winter Meeting will be January 13, 2018 at Hidden Waters Golf Course in Waupaca at 9am. It will be a potluck. W4WDA will provide the meat & buns.
- W4WDA tee-shirts – can now be ordered. The shirts are available in gray or navy. There is an order sheet available, which will be posted online.
- Wis Dual Sport Riders – Alex Bubb – check the Wabeno area, they have a map of the area. Must be a licensed vehicle.
- Banner Updates will be made (see previous notes)
- The Sunshine Fund will send $50 to Petey from MW4WDA.
- Rich Wise from 4 Lakes 4 Wheelers proposed that their club would make a one time $500 matching donation. Criteria: 1) all MW members make commitment 2) balance collected through dues 3) no checks will be cashed until enough is received 4) 4 Lakes 4 Wheelers would make up the difference of if all conditions are met.
- Region A – VP – Arnold Miller – white ballet cast
- Region C – VP – Helen Wagner – white ballet cast
- Region B – Asst VP – Rod Schneider – white ballet cast
MW4WDA & W4WDA Fall Convention
This years Fall Convention will be held at the
Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
100 North Gasser Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
October 13-15, 2017
The hotel has an indoor waterpark and is located next to the outlet mall so bring the wives and kids
With everything available to do in the area I am not planning a lunch or dinner at the hotel
Rooms are: 2-Queen – $79.00, 1-King, or 1-King w/couch and Whirlpool – $79.00 + tax & fees
Check in is 4:00pm Check out is 11:00am
Room Block and rate will be held until September 22, 2015
To reserve a room call 800-648-4765 press 1 and ask for the MW4WDA block
Please RSVP by September 25 to Sam Vandenberg at
email@example.com on Facebook or call 920-268-6869