W4WDA Spring Meeting minutes 2019

WISCONSIN 4 WHEEL DRIVE ASSOCIATION

April 2019 Meeting minutes

I.        Meeting called to order at 9AM

II.       Roll Call – 24 people in attendance

Officers/Board Members in attendance:  President – Helen Wagner, Region A Vice President – Arnie Miller; Region B Vice President – Orlin Clark; Region C Vice President – Gil Wagner; Secretary – Jan Kasper; Treasurer – Mary Hoernke.

Clubs Present:  Borderline 4X4 Trailseekers; 4 Lakes 4-Wheelers; River City 4-Wheelers; 4X4 Forever; Twin City Bushwackers.

III.      Secretary’s Report – accepted as printed

IV.      Treasurer’s Report – accepted as printed

V.       Guests – None

VI.      Reports:

A.       Pipeline – nothing new

B.       Web Page – if anyone wants a document posted, send as a word document to Amanda Cottrell. 

C.       S.C.O.R.P. – has been approved.  The 4WD community is in it.

D.       S.T.C. – see directors report for an update

E.       United Four Wheel Drive Association – trying to get more info, not sure where it is going.

F.       Registration/Sticker/Decal Program – Luana was waiting for a call back, We need a point person for this.  They work with a committee

G.      Motorized Recreation Area – nothing new – see directors report for an update

H.       Trail Specifications – Joel turned it in.  Bridget said to wait for more detail after the next election

  1. MW4WDA – meeting was scheduled after this meeting, unsure if there will be enough funds for insurance

J.       WOHVA – discussion tabled until later in the meeting

K.       Membership – Since this position was open, Helen asked Sam Vandenberg if he     would take the position and he accepted.

L.       Rally – Frontenac Farms June 21-23, 2019 – Arnie Miller is chair

M.      ROA – Nothing new

VII.     Region Vice Presidents Report

A.       Arnold Miller – the Veterans Run will be October 25-29, 2019. A motion was passed to donate $250 to the Veterans Run.  Weekend 4-Wheelers is doing a trail ride at SHORR on Sept. 19th.

B.       Orlin Clark – he is trying to recruit help in the region

C.       Gil Wagner – nothing new to report Helen would like to schedule conference calls quarterly with the VPs & Board members. Tuesday probably works best.  She will send out invites.

VIII.    Old Business

A        Vehicle Modification Bill – SEMA bill  – Nothing new, info can be found on SEMA website

B.       How to attract people that use social media – need ideas – need more youth involve.  Richard Wise said his group takes off road vehicles to car shows, lots of people show interest.

C.       Huston MN off road park – it is hard to get info.  No trails have been built recently.  Probably not happening this year.

D.       Wisconsin Flyer Update – Helen had a co-worker update the flyer. Helen will send as a PDF.  Motion was approved to spend $50.

IX.      New Business

A.       Frontenac Farms – Arnie Miller asked what the group was expecting from the event.  The will be no meal this year.  Costs will be the same as last year.  The flyer for the event will be available on line, registration should be sent to Mary Hoernke.         

B.       Fall 2019 Meeting – October 11-13, 2019 Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, Wisconsin Dells – Room cost is $79, block is under “MW4WDA BLOCK”  —  Information is posted on the website        

C.       Winter Meeting – January 11, 2020 at Hidden Waters Golf Course in Waupace.  Board meeting at 8:30am, general meeting at 9am

Luana brought up future meetings.  She suggested that we combine sites with WAFTA – spring meeting only.  May be a good way to talk to more groups and communicate better.  Tim Duenkel mentioned that WOHVA likes the idea too.  Maybe not next year, but possibly in the future.  Luana will try to found out more information.

D.       Membership Position – Sam Vanderberg has accepted the position

E.       W4WDA t-shirts are available – orders will go through Mary Hoernke, Amanda will post information on the website

F.       Insurance – Midwest will pay again this year.  WI could join as a group but the cost is $10 per person.  W4WDA could possibly get their own insurance similar to what MN4WDA does.  Butch will check to see if WI could go through MW4WDA and/or get a

Separate policy for WI alone.  Tim Duenkel commented that the cost of the policy t   hat WOHVA currently has is less than the others.

G.      New Clubs –  Helen asked the VPs to see what clubs are in their areas.  Orlin could do a checklist of what the VP’s need to do to create new clubs.  The checklist is online, registration is easy, they could go with standard by-laws.

H.       Membership – U4WDA Helen wanted to know if W4WDA is still a member, Mary confirmed that we are still a member.  She is currently waiting for the bill.

I.        Donation – Amanda Cottrell will be traveling to Guatemala for a medical mission.  She asked if W4WDA would donate towards the medicine and food for the tribe.  A motion was approved to provide $250 for the trip.

J.       Convention 2020 – WAFTA is the first choice.  Should explore a location that would be more in the center of the state.  Helen will check on this.  The board can decide on the quarterly calls.  It will be open for WOHVA to join again.

K.       Fall Elections

                    1.  Region A – Vice President – Arnie Miller accepted the nomination

                    2.  Region C – Vice President – Gil Wagner accepted the nomination

                    3.  Region B – Asst Vice President – Ginny Clark accepted the nomination

                    4.  State Director – Luana Schneider accepted the nomination

Mary Hoernke asked if Luanas title could be changed to State Director of Trails. Luanas position on STC will be up in June – will likely be extended but anyone interested could apply.  She has indicated this will be her last term.

Luana has an email listing – let her know if you want to be on the list.

L.       Recap of WOHVA/W4WDA discussion from previous day.

Helen explained that there was a workshop the day before.  The morning session was spent creating a list of bullet points of issues facing both organizations in the future.  It was decided to continue to have discussions with both groups combined.

Luana mentioned that she had gotten a letter from Ryan Harden, he is interested in the WOHVA/W4WDA merge.  His group would like to be included later.

X.       Adjourn

Leave a Reply