Please review the Trail Rules and Regulations for the upcoming Event. Fun on the Farm Being held at Frontanc Farms.
Wisconsin 4 Wheel Drive Association
April 14, 2018 Spring Meeting Notes
Best Western-Park Oasis, Mauston, WI
Meeting called to order at 8:46am at Best Western-Park Oasis, Mauston, WI
Reading of the Mission Statement – Sam Vandenberg
Roll Call – 24 people attending
Officers/Board Members Present :
President – Sam Vandenberg; Region A Vice President – Arnie Miller; Region A Vice President – Bev Miller; Region B Vice President – Orlin Clark; Region C Vice President – Helen Wagner; Region C Asst. Vice President – Gil Wagner; Secretary – Jan Kasper; State Director – Luana Schneider
Borderline 4×4 Trailseekers – 4 Lakes 4-Wheelers Inc – River City 4-Wheelers – Weekend 4-Wheelers – 4×4 Forever Ltd – Trailgators 4-Wheelers Inc. – Twin City Bushwackers
- Secretary’s Report – accepted as printed
- Treasurer’s Report – accepted as printed
- Guests – David Bub
- Pipeline – Some have heard that there is a group planning a clean-up.
- Web Page – PayPal has been set-up for Frontenac Farms Registration.
- C.O.R.P. – Nothing new, waiting for the ROA to finalize.
- T.C. – see State Director Notes – Next Meeting 4/26, see website for details
- United Four Wheel Drive Assn – See State Director Notes – Looking for articles
- Registration/Sticker/Decal Program – Discussed with RL4WD Presentation
- Motorized Recreation Area – See State Director Notes
- Trail Specifications – Discussed with RL4WD Presentation
- MW4WDA – Insurance costs dropped because there are 10 clubs
- WOHVA – GNTR will be August 3 to August 5 at Apple Valley Farms.
- Membership – nothing new, send prospective club info to Helen.
- Rally – new event this year at Frontenac Farms weekend of June 16th
- ROA – Cameron Bump discussed ROA developments so far
- RL4WD (Road Legal 4-Wheel Drive Coalition) –
Regional Vice Presidents Reports:
- Arnie Miller – On 3/17 Borderline 4X4 Trailseekers served lunch at the Veterans Home in Hastings, MN. There was also a Veterans Run held in October and all proceeds went to the Veterans Home.
- Orlin Clark – nothing new
- Helen Wagner – Not W4WDA, but in the region, Titletown Jeepers held their annual Toys for Tots ride. 4×4 Forever had a booth the N.E. Wisconsin Motorama in Green Bay, good turn out, lots of discussion with attendees. 4×4 Forever will have a Meet & Greet in Neenah, WI on Saturday May 19th. 4×4 Forever is currently selling calendar raffle tickets and is planning a trip to the Rubicon Trail in August (anyone interested, see any 4×4 Forever member.
- Vehicle Modification Bill – SEMA bill – Nothing new
- How to attract people that use social media – W4WDA will continue to post on FB and other social media to stay visible. It was noted that internet clubs are not recognized by the state unless incorporated.
- Huston MN off road park – hard to get any information, still going but resolving issues.
- Event at Frontenac Farms – weekend of June 16-17 – Flyer and registration information is on the W4WDA website and facebook page.
- Fall 2018 Meeting – October 19-21, 2018 at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center in Baraboo. Rooms $79 per night. Call for reservation 800-648-4765
- Winter Meeting 2019 – January 12, 2019 at Hidden Waters, Waupaca, WI
- W4WDA t-shirts – now available – send order with payment to Mary Hoernke
- Spring 2019 Convention – Needs Host Club and Location
- Review Assistant VP Position – some discussion – will review in Fall
- 4 Lakes 4-Wheelers, Inc. will have another off-road clinic on May 12th. No cost to attend. See Luana for more details, location. Etc.
- President – Helen Wagner nominated (accepted)
- Region B VP – Jan Smith nominated (Orlin to check with Jan for acceptance)
Region A Asst VP – Bev Miller nominated (accepted)
- Region C Asst VP – Gil Wagner nominated (accepted)
- Secretary – Jan Kasper nominated (accepted)
- Treasurer – Mary Hoernke nominated (accepted)