Meeting Minutes W4WDA Fall Meeting 2017

Wisconsin 4 Wheel Drive Association

Fall Meeting Notes – October 14, 2017

W4WDA 2017 Fall Meeting 2017


  1. Meeting called to order at 8:50 am at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center

Reading of Mission Statement – Sam Vandenberg


  1. Roll Call – 13 People present

Officers/Board Members present:  President – Sam Vandenberg, Secretary – Jan Kasper,  Treasurer – Mary Hoernke, Region A VP – Arnie Miller, Region B VP – Orlin Clark, Region C VP – Helen Wagner

Clubs present:  Borderline 4×4 Trailseekers, Lone Riders 4×4, 4 Lakes 4-Wheelers, River City 4-Wheelers, Weekend 4-Wheelers, 4×4 Forever, Green Bay High Riders

III.        Secretary’s Report – accepted as printed.

Treasurer’s Report – accepted as printed.

  1. A motion was made to increase the donation to the hosting club to $150. This was approved and the SOP will be updated.
  2. A motion was made to join Tread Lightly at a cost of $100. It was approved and the logo should be added to the banner.
  3. It was agreed to spend up to $250 to update the banner.

Guests – None


  1. Pipeline – No updates, some clubs are cleaning it, being used by web clubs
  2. Website – it was noted that the W4WDA banner does not list the website on it.  It was decided that the email address will be added as well as the “f” symbol for facebook.  The Lake States Resource Alliance will be removed.
  3. S.C.O.R.P. – See Directors report
  4. S.T.C. – See Directors report
  5. United Four Wheel Drive Association – See Directors report
  6. Registration/Sticker/Decal Program – See Directors report
  7. Motorized Recreation Area – See Directors report

Additional discussion:  Harry brought up that there was land near Tigerton.  It was discussed that W4WDA should start a group of people to search for land.  Alex Bubb suggested that they contact the WI Real Estate Group as they may know what is available.

Master Trail Builders Certification – Bridge Brown can set up training and she can work on grants.  Alex suggests that W4WDA have someone get certified.  Brian Much on STC can help with class info.

Rich Wise suggested that we start a committee to search for land.  Sam thinks this should be done by region.  Should we give info from private people to DNR or take care of it ourselves.  Region VPs should do the research and report to Sam and DNR.

It was suggested that we invite a DNR person to go on trail rides so that they can better understand our needs.

Trail Specifications – See Directors report

MW4WDA – Butch Chapin mentioned that there is less than $2,300 in the bank, the insurance premium is more than the clubs are paying.  3 clubs have land owners listed, cost is $103 per club.  He asked the insurance agent to contact these clubs to ask them to pay up.  It was noted that clubs need to pay based on full membership and are due by end of April.

WOHVA – Sam attends the WOHVA board of directors meetings to represent W4WDA.  WOHVA will continue to join W4WDA for the convention.

Membership – Bev gave two new member names to Helen to send info to them.  It was noted that the information to incorporate is on line.

Rally – Group agreed that we need an event of some kind.  Jim from Frontenac Farms said that W4WDA could host an event at their location the weekend of June 16, 2018.  The cost would be $40 per truck, $5 per passenger and camping is $25 per unit with power.  Tent camping is free.  There is a 15 vehicle minimum.  W4WDA would be responsible for the cost if they do not get to the 15 minimum.  It was agreed that we would move forward with scheduling this event.  We can arrive Friday at 4 and have the park until Sunday noon.  W4WDA could charge a little more than the requested fee with the extra going back to W4WDA to cover expense.  There would be no trail guides and we could have a bonfire.  Joel will help with the trail ride, we should come up with a charity for the event.

ROA – See Directors report – We need to remind people to attend these meetings.


VII.       Region Vice Presidents Reports:

Arnie Miller – his club went to a veterans home and hosted a picnic this summer.  It was very well received.  It cost the club $350.

Orlin Clark – nothing new.  He has been busy and would like to see someone else take over but he will try to get more involved.  They have fewer clubs involved now.

Helen Wagner – She plans to attend the ROA meetings.  4×4 Forever hosted a meet and greet and donated proceeds to Rawhide.


VIII.      Old Business

  1. Vehicle Modification Bill – SEMA Bill – Nothing new
  2. How to attract people that use social media
  3. Huston Off Road Park – Orlin said MN4WDA had a booth at the MN State Fair.  The Huston park should be open late 2018 or early 2019, it is about 700 acres.  It is progressing but slow.  There may be another private park coming to the Huston area.
  4. Invite WOHVA to all future meetings

New Business

  1. Any ideas on a location that we could host a rally or 4-Wheel to Heal Event
  2. Spring 2018 Meeting – Will be held the weekend of April 14, 2018 details to be determined.  It was agreed that W4WDA will host the 2018 Spring Convention.
  3. Winter Meeting will be January 13, 2018 at Hidden Waters Golf Course in Waupaca at 9am.  It will be a potluck.  W4WDA  will provide the meat & buns.
  4. W4WDA tee-shirts – can now be ordered.  The shirts are available in gray or navy.  There is an order sheet available, which will be posted online.
  5.       Wis Dual Sport Riders – Alex Bubb – check the Wabeno area, they have a map of the area.  Must be a licensed vehicle.
  6. Banner Updates will be made (see previous notes)
  7. The Sunshine Fund will send $50 to Petey from MW4WDA.
  8. Rich Wise from 4 Lakes 4 Wheelers proposed that their club would make a one time $500 matching donation.  Criteria:  1)  all MW members make commitment 2) balance collected through dues 3) no checks will be cashed until enough is received 4) 4 Lakes 4 Wheelers would make up the difference of if all conditions are met.

Fall Elections:

  1. Region A – VP – Arnold Miller – white ballet cast
  2. Region C – VP – Helen Wagner – white ballet cast
  3. Region B – Asst VP – Rod Schneider – white ballet cast


  1. Adjourned

Leave a Reply