Wisconsin 4 Wheel Drive Association
January 14, 2017 Meeting Notes
I. Meeting called to order at 9:38 at Hidden Waters Golf Course, Waupaca WI Reading of Mission Statement – Sam Vandenberg
II. Roll Call – 11 people present
Officers/Board members present: President – Sam Vandenberg, Region B V.P. – Orlin Clark, Region C V.P. – Helen Wagner, Secretary – Jan Kasper, State Director – Luana Schneider
Clubs Present: 4 Lakes 4-Wheelers, Inc – River City 4-Wheelers – Weekend 4-Wheelers, Inc. – 4X4 Forever, LTD. – Green Bay High Riders, LTD. – Trailgators 4-Wheelers, Inc.
III. Secretary’s Report – accepted as printed – Has been having problems getting the emails go through due to the size of the attachment. Notes will be emailed to the officers, board members and delegates for distribution to their clubs. We will include link in the email to go directly to the website.
IV. Treasurer’s Report – accepted as printed.
V. Guests: None
- Pipeline – Nothing new
- Web Page – Jan Kasper now has access for updates!
- Bylaws/SOP – Amanda Cottrell, Jan Kasper and Helen Wagner reviewed and presented updates to the Bylaws and SOPs. A copy of the changes will be available on the website. The SOP changes were accepted as presented. The Bylaws changes were discussed, will be printed on the website and will be voted on at the Spring Meeting.
- S.C.O.R.P. – a survey was sent in October. Director report posted.
- T.C.- Luana was elected to another 4 year term as secretary. There are grants available if we had trails. Director report posted.
- United Four Wheel Drive Association – Nothing new. Director report posted.
- MW4WDA – Nothing to report
- WOHVA – Hosting spring meeting. Sam will arrange a meeting where the board of both organizations meeting to discuss the future.
- Membership – Nothing new.
- Sauk Prairie Recreation Area – Nothing new
- Motorized Recreation Area – Nothing new – Director report posted.
- Rally – Nothing new
- ORVPI – Nothing new
- LRB105 – Jerry Stephens has now taken the lead. Director report posted.
- Identification, Classifying, Mapping on DNR lands – Need to send letters to Steven Peterson regarding the need to keep roads for 4WD. Director report posted.
VII. Region Vice Presidents Report
- Not Present – No Report
- Nothing to Report
- Many members participated in Titletown Jeepers Toys for Toys ride. Very successful – 128 vehicles.
VIII. Old Business
- Vehicle Modification Bill – SEMA bill – could affect off-road vehicles as we’ll as race vehicles.
- How to attract people that use social media.
- Trail specifications –
- Huston MN off road park –
- Conference Calling – Is available we should publish that it is available.
- Spring Convention – April 7-9, 2017. WOHVA is hosting at Best Western inTomah, WI. Rates are $89.99+tax. Two queen or One King rooms available in the block. Call (608)372-3211 and use either W4WDA or WOHVA to book rooms. More info to follow.
- WOHVA is having a Tread Lightly Tread Trainer class on Friday April 7, 2017 at the Spring Convention. This is an 8-hour class to be certified as a Tread Lightly Trainer. The cost is $75.00 per person to Tread Lightly. You sign up on the Tread Lightly website or for more information contact a W4WDA board member.
IX. New Business
- Any ideas on a location that we could host a Rally or different event?
- Discussed a membership or MOU with WOHVA
- Looking into getting shirts representing W4WDA – Sam will work on a design to review at the Spring Meeting.
- Fall 2017 Meeting will be at Wintergreen Resort, Wisconsin Dells. October 20-21, 2017. Details to Follow
X. Fall Elections 2017
- Region A – Vice President – Arnold Miller
- Region C – Vice Present – Helen Wagner
- Region B – Asst Vice Present – Dave Bahr
- Nominations – Rod Schneider – accepted