OHV Enthusiasts Workshops and Spring Convention
April 7th – 9th 2017
Please join The Wisconsin Off-Highway Vehicle Association (WOHVA) and the Wisconsin Four Wheel Drive Association (W4WDA) for 2 full days dedicated to educating the OHV community.
Best Western Tomah Hotel
1017 E McCoy Blvd
Tomah, WI 54660
A block of rooms have been reserved under WOHVA & W4WDA with discounted rates!
Friday April 7th
8:00am – 4:00pm Tread Trainer program presented by Treadlightly!®
(Open to the public – Separate registration fee)
4:00pm – 9:00pm W4WDA Hospitality room – BYOB (W4WDA members only)
5:00pm – 6:00pm WOHVA Volunteer Appreciation Cash bar – Mr. P’s Lounge
6:00pm – 9:00pm WOHVA Volunteer Appreciation Banquet (Invite only)
Saturday April 8th
8:30am – 11:00am W4WDA General Membership meeting
11:00am – 1:00pm Lunch break – On your own
1:00pm – 2:00pm WI DNR Road Inventory project – Cameron Bump Project Co Leader
2:00pm – 2:15pm Break
2:15pm – 3:15pm GPS app’s and data transfer – Presented by Chris Walker
(Bring your GPS and Smart Phone for a “hands on session”)
3:15pm – 3:30pm Break
3:30pm – 5:00pm WOHVA Annual Membership meeting
5:00pm – 6:00pm Cash bar (Banquet room)
6:00pm – 7:00pm Buffet style dinner followed by door prize drawing
8:00pm – 12:00am Entertainment provided by
Sunday April 9th
9:00am – 12:00pm MW4WDA Membership meeting
OHV Enthusiasts Workshops annd Spring ConventioRegistration Form
Advanced registration is required. Deadline to register March 24th 2017
There is a $5.00/family Registration fee to attend.
Workshop and Convention Registration __Total__
______ Registration fee of $5.00 per family ________
_____ Treadlightly!® Tread Trainer (Registration directly with Treadlightly)
______ WI DNR Road Inventory project update (No Additional Charge)
_____ GPS “Hands On” Workshop (No Additional Charge)
_____ Adult Banquet ($23/plate) ________
_____ Children Banquet 12 & under ($8/Plate) ________
Total Due: _________
City/State/Zip Code: __________________________________________________________
Please make check payable to:
OHV Enthusiast’s Workshop & Spring Convention
P.O. Box 1865
Fond Du Lac, WI 54936
W4WDA & WOHVA Spring Convention Is coming up soon & so is Treadlighty’s Tread Trainer Program
WOHVA is pleased to announce the addition of Treadlighly!® Tread Trainer program to our Annual OHV Enthusiast’s Workshops and Membership meeting agenda.
This program will be provided on Friday, April 7th 2017, registration fee is $75.
Mark your calendars now, more information will follow with a complete weekend agenda.
Below is the Link to Register for Tread Trainer Program.
Wisconsin 4 Wheel Drive Association
January 14, 2017 Meeting Notes
I. Meeting called to order at 9:38 at Hidden Waters Golf Course, Waupaca WI Reading of Mission Statement – Sam Vandenberg
II. Roll Call – 11 people present
Officers/Board members present: President – Sam Vandenberg, Region B V.P. – Orlin Clark, Region C V.P. – Helen Wagner, Secretary – Jan Kasper, State Director – Luana Schneider
Clubs Present: 4 Lakes 4-Wheelers, Inc – River City 4-Wheelers – Weekend 4-Wheelers, Inc. – 4X4 Forever, LTD. – Green Bay High Riders, LTD. – Trailgators 4-Wheelers, Inc.
III. Secretary’s Report – accepted as printed – Has been having problems getting the emails go through due to the size of the attachment. Notes will be emailed to the officers, board members and delegates for distribution to their clubs. We will include link in the email to go directly to the website.
IV. Treasurer’s Report – accepted as printed.
V. Guests: None
- Pipeline – Nothing new
- Web Page – Jan Kasper now has access for updates!
- Bylaws/SOP – Amanda Cottrell, Jan Kasper and Helen Wagner reviewed and presented updates to the Bylaws and SOPs. A copy of the changes will be available on the website. The SOP changes were accepted as presented. The Bylaws changes were discussed, will be printed on the website and will be voted on at the Spring Meeting.
- S.C.O.R.P. – a survey was sent in October. Director report posted.
- T.C.- Luana was elected to another 4 year term as secretary. There are grants available if we had trails. Director report posted.
- United Four Wheel Drive Association – Nothing new. Director report posted.
- MW4WDA – Nothing to report
- WOHVA – Hosting spring meeting. Sam will arrange a meeting where the board of both organizations meeting to discuss the future.
- Membership – Nothing new.
- Sauk Prairie Recreation Area – Nothing new
- Motorized Recreation Area – Nothing new – Director report posted.
- Rally – Nothing new
- ORVPI – Nothing new
- LRB105 – Jerry Stephens has now taken the lead. Director report posted.
- Identification, Classifying, Mapping on DNR lands – Need to send letters to Steven Peterson regarding the need to keep roads for 4WD. Director report posted.
VII. Region Vice Presidents Report
- Not Present – No Report
- Nothing to Report
- Many members participated in Titletown Jeepers Toys for Toys ride. Very successful – 128 vehicles.
VIII. Old Business
- Vehicle Modification Bill – SEMA bill – could affect off-road vehicles as we’ll as race vehicles.
- How to attract people that use social media.
- Trail specifications –
- Huston MN off road park –
- Conference Calling – Is available we should publish that it is available.
- Spring Convention – April 7-9, 2017. WOHVA is hosting at Best Western inTomah, WI. Rates are $89.99+tax. Two queen or One King rooms available in the block. Call (608)372-3211 and use either W4WDA or WOHVA to book rooms. More info to follow.
- WOHVA is having a Tread Lightly Tread Trainer class on Friday April 7, 2017 at the Spring Convention. This is an 8-hour class to be certified as a Tread Lightly Trainer. The cost is $75.00 per person to Tread Lightly. You sign up on the Tread Lightly website or for more information contact a W4WDA board member.
IX. New Business
- Any ideas on a location that we could host a Rally or different event?
- Discussed a membership or MOU with WOHVA
- Looking into getting shirts representing W4WDA – Sam will work on a design to review at the Spring Meeting.
- Fall 2017 Meeting will be at Wintergreen Resort, Wisconsin Dells. October 20-21, 2017. Details to Follow
X. Fall Elections 2017
- Region A – Vice President – Arnold Miller
- Region C – Vice Present – Helen Wagner
- Region B – Asst Vice Present – Dave Bahr
- Nominations – Rod Schneider – accepted