W4WDA Winter Meeting Minutes Jan. 2014

WISCONSIN FOUR WHEEL DRIVE ASSOCIATION

Meeting minutes, January 11, 2014

Link: 01 11 14 W4WDA Minutes

BOARD MEETING

 Review and revised agenda as needed.

 

REGULAR MEETING

Vice President Orlin Clark called the meeting to order at 9:15am.

Roll call was held.

Secretary’s Report was approved as printed.

Treasurer’s Report  was accepted as printed.

Committee Reports;

Pipeline-  Clean up day scheduled for May 17, 2014 hosted by WOHVA. For details go to WOHVA’s website.

Website- Send any information to Amanda Cottrell and she will update website.

Bylaws/SOP- Nothing to report.

SCORP-No updates. Luana was also unsure if there would be another one due to funding issues.

STC- At the November meeting in Sparta, Luana Schneider and Orlin Clark presented a power point media to the STC on the sport of 4WD. There seems to be more user groups open to multi use trails. Luana reported that the STC members are becoming more willing to work together.

UFWDA- In 2014 there will be no face to face Annual General Meeting since 2013’s AGA was so poorly attended. There is hope that an internet meeting would have better attendance. It was reported that the Jeep raffle was cancelled. Those who purchased tickets were given the option of a refund or make a donation.

WOHVA- Has been very involved in legislation for the sticker/decal program. For a copy of the bill and more details go to http://legiscan.com/WI/bill/AB369/2013. WOHVA’s Annual Meeting/Workshop is April  4-6, 2014 in Mole Lake, WI.

MW4WDA-  Nothing to report. Cindy had Four Wheelin With Feelin t-shirts for sale at the meeting.

WORVPI- Discussion was had that reviewed what had happened at the fall meeting involving unanswered questions and the $1000.00 that was donated. The BOD for W4WDA put together a list of questions for WORVPI to clarify some concerns that had risen at the fall meeting. Time was spent  reviewing the answers to those questions from John Schnorr.  It was determined that W4WDA should have a representative on WORVPI’s BOD to replace our previous one.  A letter to members of W4WDA was discussed to present  some of the issues involving WORVPI.

Membership— Given by Helen Wagner. Helen will be working on updating the membership packets that are sent out with new materials. Orlin will be looking for the new club incorporation packets/info he has to see if any updating is needed there.

Lake States Resource Alliance (LSRA)— by Helen Wagner. There will be a meeting on January 15, 2014. Nothing new to report until after the meeting. Elections will be held soon.

Motorized Recreation Area- There are two counties interested in 4WD trails, one is located in the south.

RTP- Any organizations may apply for funding with a 50/50 grant. Applications need to be sent by May 1, 2014(tentative date). Forms may be found on the DNR website. Remember to thank your legislators for voting to keep these funds available.

Rally- Given by Amanda in Jesse’s absence. The survey currently has 48 responses, a brief review was given. Jesse suggests sending the invitation out to more people. The survey consists of questions  to see if continuing an OHV rally is viable. Please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HFXLKKN to participate.

Region A report – Nothing.

Region B report by Orlin Clark, no news.

Region C by Helen Wagner- no news.

Old Business:

-Before any more donations are made to WORVPI there needs to more clarification of those questions that were not completely answered.

-AB369 reported on by Luana. A couple of issues were addressed last week. One being that all vehicles must have a VIN number. The thought behind this is to limit the size of the vehicle on trails. The other was giving the DNR administrative rule. There are a few issues that Luana sees yet such as definition of a spill kit and the use of the word sealed in relation to it. The use of the words club and organization. To be eligible for a grant from these funds the qualifications seem to be too restrictive. For instance a club would not be eligible for these grants, it would need to be an organization or an association applying.

-Host club for Spring Meeting/Convention may be Trailgators 4 Wheelers and/or River City 4 Wheelers. Delegates from these clubs need approval before confirming.

New Business:

-WORVPI questions and answers were already covered previously.

-Fall Meeting location? The date is October 17, 2014.

-Trail specifications given by Luana. A printout was available to review the materials/ideas that Luana is complying for the DNR to help set trail standards.

-Discussion was held to implement the availability of conference calls or Skype for meeting attendance.

 

Fall 2014 Elections;

President- Sam Vandenberg

Region B Vice President – Orlin Clark

Secretary- Cindy Bahr(not running)

Treasurer-Mary Hoernke

Region A Assistant VP Board member – Nate Odman

Region C Assistant VP Board member – Jesse Thompson

The Spring Meeting/Convention will be held at Best Western Arrowhead Lodge in Black River Falls on April 26, 2014. Flyers were available at the meeting and it is posted on the website for W4WDA and MW4WDA. Reservations for lunch need to be in by April 12, 2014.

Fall Meeting 2014 is October 17, location to be determined.

Winter Meeting 2015 at Hidden Waters Resort in Waupaca January 10, 2015.

Adjourned 12:24pm.

Please reference Luana’s report for more details.

Respectfully Submitted by Cindy Bahr, Secretary.