Sorry for the delay folks….computer issues are resolved! Well….maybe…
W4WDA Minutes spring 2014 pdf
WISCONSIN FOUR WHEEL DRIVE ASSOCIATION
April 26, 2014
Review and revised agenda as needed.
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
President Sam Vandenberg called the meeting to order at 8:34am. Mission statement was read.
Roll call was held, 9 of 9 clubs present. 2 Guest Clubs from Region B present – WHYCI Off-road & BOOM (Burr Oak Offroad Machines Inc.) Motion to accept WHYCI & BOOM as W4WDA members Subject to paperwork made by Orlin Clark, 2nd by Mike Hannis. Motion Carried. WELCOME!
- Motion to approve the secretary’s report as printed and distributed made by Orlin Clark, 2nd by Mike Hannis Motion Carried.
- Discussion had regarding paying of WORVPI dues in-behalf of W4WDA. Motion to pay/renew WORVPI Dues when membership due made by Luana Schneider, 2nd by Helen Wagner. Motion Carried. Motion to approve the Treasurer’s report as printed and distributed made by Orlin Clark, 2nd by Helen Wagner. Motion Carried.
- Attempts made to determine the scheduled date for the pipeline clean up day were unsuccessful, WOHVA’s website had no date listed as of the meeting date & time.
- Send any information to Amanda Cottrell and she will update website.
- Nothing to report.
- The plan for this five year period was worked on with the UW doing the surveys, reviews etc. 19% of WI Citizens recreate with by ATV, UTV, 4WD & OHM at least 1 time per year. Full SCORP plan/ results can be found on the WI DNR website.
- Conference call meeting held Jan 28th discussed trail/town connections not pertaining to 4WD, Meeting April 7th presentation by the DNR on what it takes to repurpose trails on state land, Informational presentations on hiking & snowmobiling, Adhoc committee for trails and access to towns near trails formed, update on Sauk Prairie Recreation Area/Adams County Easement, & new trail program in Milwaukee County on property that has been used illegally by motorized recreationists including 4WD for years. Luana had put together a Power Point program in regard to Four Wheel Drive for the STC meeting last November and would like some input by others as to how what needs to be revised etc. and use it for other presentations, etc. Next meeting July 31, place not set yet.
- 2014 AGM will be a Webinar this year date & time not set yet. Luana will update when she knows. UFWDA spill kit only contains peat sorb, Spill kit WHOVA is offering is more complete and is required by Mole Lake for events planned on their land. Luana invited John Lewins to attend the meeting to discuss the kit and give a demonstration on how to use the kit, but he was unable to attend. United has formed a land use committee & would like a member from this organization on this committee. Dave Dick a member of 4 Lakes 4 Wheelers has volunteered to represent them and W4WDA on this committee. If anyone else is interested touch base with Jason Church UFWDA’s land use director. There is now a CD PowerPoint on Trail Patrol which Luana Schneider has purchased and will present at a meeting if membership is interested.
Update since the meeting: UFWDA meeting will be June 24th 7:30pm contact Luana for details.
- Annual workshop/meeting was held in Mole Lake on April 5th – announced that the first 2400 acres should be accessed very soon for WORVPI. Spring pipeline Cleanup – no date set. Jeep jamboree at Mole Lake on July 17, 18 &19th. Great Northern Trail Ride is August 14-16 at Mole Lake. WOHVA is very active in AB369 (sticker program). The bill never made it to the full assembly before they dismissed for the year and is now dead for this year. It will need to be reintroduced next year starting the process from the beginning again. They are also still looking for Senators to sponsor the bill in the Senate, if you know of anyone please encourage them to support and or sponsor this bill.
Nothing new to report. Four Wheelin With Feelin t-shirts for sale at the meeting.
WORVPI is promoting membership at $10/membership, You can also become a charter member for $150 this allows for 1 year of park privileges. A plea was made for a new wave of letters to be sent to the local press, elected officials and the DNR in support of the park. See Luana Schneider’s report for a list of email addresses you can send your letters/emails of support to.
Helen Wagner is still working on a new membership packet. Discussion regarding incorporating & becoming a club occurred, Orlin Clark has information in many forms and is willing to help as new clubs need. Amanda Cottrell has offered to help put the information into an electronic format so it can be posted on the website for access to all.
Lake States Resource Alliance (LSRA
Helen Wagner had raffle tickets for sale, all cash prizes & tickets were $5 each or 6 for $20. Meetings are currently being held at Trees for tomorrow in Eagle River but may change. Trees for tomorrow has new director & primary job is to fundraise. Secretary’s position is currently open, They are looking for a part time, 10-15 hrs/week Contract employee. John Schnor is currently president but will not be re-running at the end of his term in July. Nomination Committee has not released any candidates yet for the position. LSRA is also looking for Board Members, if interested please let Helen know & she will help you get the nomination forms and information together. LSRA has made donations 1. Trees for tomorrow for Scholarships to bring kids to the location to learn about trees & 2. Treehaven for scholarships for students to learn about tree management. 1/3 of the monies are earmarked for UP schools.
Motorized Recreation Area Sauk Prairie Recreation area (Badger Ammunition Plant)open only until May 27th. There are 80 miles of roads there however they are reclaiming (tearing out) most of the roads, as well as the areas available to 4WD are limited. Discussion regarding a group trip to the plant on May 17th &/or 18th.
W4WDA is encouraging groups of licensed vehicles to get together and visit the location on either of those days to show support for 4WD access on the sight.
Milwaukee County area has possibility to open to 4WD access. We need representation on the committee/group discussing this option. If interested please contact Luana for information. Bentley Hills (HWY 13/Adams/Friendship/South of Roam) See Luana for information if interested in representing 4WD and gaining access to this area. Plum Creek is selling off property.
- Any organizations may apply for funding with a 50/50 grant. Applications need to be sent by May 1, 2014(tentative date) not too late to start on it for next year. Forms may be found on the DNR website. Remember to thank your legislators for voting to keep these funds available.
Rally- given by Jesse
Luana has addresses/emails addresses for participants over many years of the rally. Luana has asked that the Four Wheelin’ with Feelin’ name not be used unless it is a comparable event. Discussion regarding capabilities that Survey Monkey has with our current free membership vs. a 1 month paid membership service. A motion to pay for Survey monkey for 1 month to obtain data was made by Mark White, 2nd by Orlin Clark. Motion carried.
Region A report
- Arnie Miller discussed the importance for our new clubs by-laws to address the dissolution of the club. Also discussed the need for a teleconference set up at all meetings so those clubs unable to make the convention/meeting can still participate.
Region B report
- Orlin Clark Welcomed 2 new clubs to his region.
Region C report
- Helen Wagner discussed the need to hold meetings in her region, President Sam Vandenberg requested that each region begin holding meetings between State meeting times again.
A. Fall Meeting October 18, 2014 location – Butch Chapin was asked if his club would be hosting the meeting and what arrangements were made. Butch reported he had not come to an agreement with hotel he was working regarding price of rooms and meeting rooms there for if someone else was willing to take it on he encouraged it. Trailgators spoke with the Best Western Black River Falls and they were willing to give us a deal on rooms and not pay for meeting rooms if 10 rooms were acquired. A motion to have the meeting in Black River Falls with a room rate of $69.99/double was made by Arnie Miller, 2nd by Mike Hannis. Motion Carried.
B. Winter Meeting 2015 at Hidden Waters Resort in Waupaca January 10, 2015
C. Trail specifications – DNR requested a list of trail specifications which Luana Schneider has sent off to them.
A. Conference Calls/Skype for meetings – Nothing new at this time. Jesse Thompson has availability to use his work conference calling system. We would just need to verify that the hosting hotel has capabilities for conference calling.
B. Spring Meeting April 18, 2015 location/host club volunteer – Tabled at this time. Discussion regarding having it in Eau Claire occurred.
C. 4×4 Forever’s Brat/Burger Fry June 14th 11-6 Holidays Sports Pub and Grill to raise Donations for WORVPI. Poster was -provided & passed around. All W4WDA members were encouraged to attend or donate.
Fall 2014 Elections
President- Sam Vandenberg is rerunning.
Region B Vice President – Orlin Clark is rerunning.
Secretary- Cindy Bahr is not rerunning. Nominations needed!
Treasurer-Mary Hoernke is rerunning.
Region A Assistant VP Board member – Nate Odman- not in attendance, Arnie Miller will talk to him about position.
Region C Assistant VP Board member – Jesse Thompson is rerunning.
Motion to Adjourn the meeting made by Orlin Clark, 2nd by Mark White. Motion Carried. Meeting adjourned 11:33am.
Please reference Luana’s report for more details on committee reportsRespectfully Submitted by Amanda Cottrell, Filling in for Secretary.
Updates Since the meeting:
UFWDA meeting will be June 24th 7:30pm contact Luana for details.